DEIA CLARA CAMPODONICO!

On October 28th, 2008, Deia Clara Campodonico was born at 3:49 pm.  She was 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long!  Corey and I went in for our routine weekly checkup and upon learning that my fluid levels were incredibly low, we were told that we were not going to be leaving the hospital and that we were having a baby that same day!  Happy 2 year anniversary!!!!!!!  The timing, the shock, the adrenalin...our baby was to be born via c-section that afternoon and our emotions were all over the place.  Our nurses, specifically Lori, were so wonderful.  The anesthesiologist had us cracking up and even sang a special song about breech babies while in the OR. Dr. Thordarson came in smiling and ready to go to work.  I cannot really relay that overwhelming feeling when the tugs at your tummy subside and that baby is pulled out...to hear that first cry and to see her little face for the first time...to watch daddy cut her cord and then to have the ob grab that newborn and have her face plant me in all her glorious gookiness! I kissed her mouth as she cried so sweetly. Oh my gosh.  Life as we knew it changed in that instant.  Love like we never knew welled up.  Shock and awe took over. We were surely existing on another level, a different realm of being, thinking and feeling.  Corey and I, connected, admiring each other and our baby, that feeling of total satisfaction and purpose. All we wanted was quiet time, the three of us, in our bubble, kissing, cooing and cuddling.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM BALLING. That was a beautiful entry and it makes me want to have a third!!!!! Just kidding!!! Kinda....
I, too, had low fluid and that is why sadie came early. i think typical with breech babies.
I want to know the breech song!!!!!!
I am so glad it was amazing for you. I am so excited you are keeping your blog going!!!!