Evera 5 Months

Yummy baby Evi! 27" Tall - 95%. 15.14lbs - 75%. What a tall baby! She definitely looks older than 5 months, and her soul seems older as well. Calm and wise. We pulled the trigger and did the sleep training! Deia camped out in our room for a week while little Evi had to work it out in her crib...without a swaddle, without a pacifier. It took a week...with naps not being as difficult as the night time. But she did it! And then we put Deia back in her room. Deia was so patient with Evera's crying when we would shut the door. And the few times she continued to wake up and cry herself back to sleep. But, like with Deia, it was more of a frustrated complaint than a cry after a little while. Hearing the two of them make noises at each other in the morning is the sweetest thing ever! We shut the door at 7:30 and see them at 7! It's brilliant. You would think I would get sleep now that the girls are sleeping through the night?! NOPE. Evera found comfort in being a tummy sleeper, exclusively! She face plants ALL NIGHT. And she's not rolling from her stomach to her back yet, so I don't have "go to sleep mom" confidence in her strength. UGH. So I got the angel care motion sensor so that I can try to get some rest. I know she's fine. But even when I told the dr. that I put her down on her back...and she rolls directly on to her stomach and tucks her hands under her belly and goes face down...she just told me to keep putting her on her back. BUT I DO. It will take some time to get used to this and not want to keep going in to move her head to the side and check her breathing. Of course, this is what happens. BUT, no more pacifier, yippee! She's eating solids now too. All puree, and the three day trials of each food...which I will bore of soon. But she likes her squash and carrots and yams. Loves bananas, of course. On May 20th, she cut her first 2 bottom teeth. They are ridiculously little and insanely cute. Not a peep from her, so I didn't even know they were coming, until she bit my finger and it hurt!

No comments: